The Trinidad City Council is comprised of five persons who are chosen by the City’s registered voters at general elections in even-numbered years. Council members must be resident of the City. Each is elected at-large to a four-year term. Should a vacancy occur before an election, the Council can appoint someone to serve the remainder of that term. The Council members select from themselves a Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem who generally serve a two-year term.
The Council Members, with their end of term are:
- Mayor Steve Ladwig (2020)
- Mayor Pro-Tem Jack West (2020)
- Council member Dwight Miller (2022)
- Council member Jim Baker (2022)
- Council member Tom Davies (2022)